Friday, June 13, 2008

Welcome Chastity Ruth!!!!

Chastity Ruth Heintzelman has finally made her appearance into this world!
Time of birth: 6:06am Thurs
Weight: 9lbs 11.6oz
Length: 20 1/2 in.

After 11 long HARD hrs of labor, a little over 2 hrs of pushing and NO pain meds, we finally had a beautiful little girl. She is doing wonderful and already extremely alert!
My dream was to have a natural birth at the birth center,but due to an ultrasound showing my amnio fluids to be only 2cm i was forced to deliver in the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 3:30pm, admitted, started on pitocin at 4:30pm then waited for it to do its thing. Let me tell ya, i think it worked overtime on me! Once contractions started there was no relief for this momma! I couldn't have done it on my own with no meds if it hadn't been for Andy, mom and a good friend there to help me through the extreme pain. I'm sure i bit their heads off more than once with my demands, but thank goodness they stuck it out!!! All of my contractions were in my hips. What a killer!
Home is sounding more wonderful with each passing moment! If everything is still going well by tomorrow then we will be on our way. My mom is heading for home and her sweetie on Sunday. Her and her hubby will be celebrating their 25th ann. on the 17th. They have had a cabin reserved for a few days to celebrate so in a another day i will have to say goodbye for a while:(









5 comments:

Katie and the boys said...

You are the WOMAN!!! WOW! A Large baby naturally!!!! I am so glad you guys are doing great!!! Congrats!!

Constance said...

Wow! I do believe you must get the medal of the year. I think that you had a toddler instead of a baby. She is huge!! But she is incredably adorable. :-) I am glad that everything went well for the both of you. Can't wait to see more of her in her cute little outfits. Was she sucking her thumb in that one picture? I think your mom was holding her. Joshua was a thumb sucker and he was a WONDERFUL baby. Take care!

a tom said...

Congratulations Hannah and Andy. She is just beautiful. Love the head of hair too. Can't wait to come over to Orlando and see her.
Call me if you need anything girl.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable. I love all her hair!! I am happy to hear that things went well and that mom and baby are doing fine. Hope things continue to go well.

Telesa's Tales said...

You must have had incredible help to labor that many hours with no meds!! Can't tell who she looks like yet, but I can see Hannsh in her already! I lover her hair. She's very, very cute. You have many wonderful days ahead!

The Heintzelmans