Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Deck the Halls...

 First off...I had all of these pictures in nice & neat order and Blogger decided to go and rearrange them all on me! Grrr  Anyhow, I've been slowly putting up all of my Christmas decor and i think it is finally complete...somewhat! I still have a few more things to add/change up, but whats new!
I had great plans to do things a bit differently with the decor this year, but when it came down to it, i decided to spare the budget and work with what i already had. There are a few things i made or had made that i am totally in love with!!!
I have some different plans for the tree...i'll get back to you on that. For now, this is what she looks like.

WARNING! Picture overload!



I really wanted some burlap stockings this year, so i attempted to craft them on my own. My sewing machine fought me the whole way! It decided to only go in one direction; that being backwards! So yes, i sewed these up going backwards on the machine. Fun! Needless to say, they are lacking in style, but as soon as i get my machine to cooperate......



 The lovely mantle shelf you see below is compliments of my hubby and father in law. I'm in LOVE!!! Its nice and deep and o so pretty. Didn't they do a good job?


 This is my little sitting area at one end of our front porch.





 Isn't he cute?!




Just loving these little lanterns!


Found these classy little frame ornaments at Dollar General. Yes, i know, they still need pictures! I'm getting to that.








Ahh...love, love, love! This thing, literally, took me several hours to hot glue all of that jute. Totally worth it though! I'm contemplating ORBing it. What do you think? Isn't she a beauty?! All credit goes to Pottery Barn for the design. I totally copied it. Oops! I have no plans to sell it, so i think i'm safe. I may get brave and cut it out of wood. We'll see. For now, its heavy duty cardboard under all that jute.

5 comments:

Constance said...

I love your christmas decor. It's absolutely beautiful

Wendy said...

Lovely, as always! :)

Tricia G. said...

It's looking so pretty!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Love it! I did some different things this year, too. I added berry sprigs to my 15 year old tree, and ditched my bead garland (talk about a pain to put up every year). I wanted to try a "garland" idea that Wendy and I saw (buttons and twine...so cute), but with all the drama around here lately, I think I'll be lucky to get my gifts wrapped this year!
Hope you guys have a wonderful December!

jemilyea said...

It's lovely! Not sure which is my favorite -- the stockings, the mantle, or the porch. Maybe the porch with a cup of tea and a good book (or good company).

The Heintzelmans