Thursday, January 19, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new!

We've been busy little bees around here lately! We decided to finally tackle the job of a much needed porch renovation....what a mess! Thanks to the previous owners, we had/have quite a bit of work needing done. More on that later!
In addition to the porch; i shared with Andy my thoughts on installing a subway tile backsplash. He was more than willing to give it a go! Yay! Below is a "before" picture of one half of my kitchen. Blogger is not cooperating with me tonight so, the "after" picture awaits you at the bottom of this post!


As you can see from the picture below, i have taken a completely different direction with the colors in my decor and lets just say.....i love it! Its so bright and cheery...something i can use a lot of right now! The yellow is probably my favorite so far! I REALLY ventured out when i purchased these pillows. They are definitely on the bold side, but i think they blend nicely. What do you think?? Thanks to Old Time Pottery, they were mine for a mere $2.88 each!





Snagged this beauty at a garage sale a few weeks ago for a project at church, but it ended up being too big. So...after several coats of spray paint it became a cheery yellow and graces a wall in my home!


 Who doesn't like a little subway art?! I was so excited to find this one at Wal-mart for $3.97! I really like the sayings on it.


My young herbs are desperately trying to survive my son! I had to put them out of reach after finding them "thinned" out by sweet this fingers.





And....the "after shot! This was a 1st for both Andy and i and i'd say it turned out pretty good for our 1st!
I'm very pleased with it.

4 comments:

Constance said...

I absolutely LOVE the new look.

Greg & Stephanie said...

It's beautiful!!! I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to trying colors...only because I paint a house when I move in and it stays until I move out...lol! I love to keep up with all of you guys that change things up every few months, but I don't have the motivation to do it myself.
I love the little "family rules" picture. I found one at TJ Maxx, but it wasn't nearly as affordable as yours!
Hoping you are having a wonderful 2012 so far!

Unknown said...

Love the brighter colors!

Caroline said...

Your living room looks like a picture inside a magazine! It's amazing!!!!

The Heintzelmans